More Houses

Slightly wonky drawing done in the eminent company of
Prashant Miranda and the East Bay Sketchers in Oakland CA's

Spanish Colonial neighborhood on
Otis Street pasat Versailles in Alameda, CA
Houses in Alameda, apparently, are what I keep drawing. I'm a slow artist, so the appeal may be that they don't move or walk away to do something more interesting than pose.

Delightful little Victorian at 966 Park with an
overarching old tree
Last time I opened my old edition (1984) of Virginia and Lee McAlester's A Field Guide to American Houses. the cover photo surprised me.  It is a Queen Ann Victorian like one I sketched!










Flag Day Sketch in colored pencil
1601 Lincoln Way, a wonderful Queen Ann Victorian
across the street from The Frank Bette Art Center

Notice the similarity between the house
on the cover of this book and my
painting to the left,
1601 Lincoln Way

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Danny

Pleased by People